Sunday, August 14, 2016

Stablemate tack, then and now

I recently injured my arm and I haven't made anything lately, so I thought I would do a sort of  transformation post, what my stablemate tack looked like four years ago, and what it looks like now.


Quite a difference, big and little!!




For about two years I didn't make any stablemate tack and just focused on traditional, then in late 2014 I tried my hand at it again, and this is what my first western saddle looked like..




Shortly thereafter I tried an English saddle..




Not the best, but compared to my early English saddles, not too bad.

I've continued working and have greatly improved my English saddles,
Sales set, completed July '16, custom also painted by me






I've also been working on my western tack quite a bit lately,
sales set completed late '15


commission set, completed March '16
commission, completed June '16
Here's what my first halters looked like..

And what they look like now,

I've also stepped out of my comfort zone and tried some new things, all of which I'm very happy with!!
Commission set, completed June '15

commission set, completed July '16


And last but not least, my most recent project, a trick riding set! It's my favorite thing I've made in this scale so far. It was the first time I tried resculpting a rider, and the mane on a horse! I painted the horse as well. :)


Ta da!
 
Thanks for reading, hope yall enjoyed the photos!
I'd love comments on what you'd like to see me make next!
-Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment