Tuesday, July 5, 2016

My Traditional Resins

Hello again! Today I thought I'd just blog about my very few traditional customs and resins. I mainly focus on the minis because of space and price, but every once and a while I like to treat myself to one of the big guys.

These first two were both bought at Models In The Sunshine this past May. The show holder recently announced she would not be holding MITS for another few years, so it is nice to have these horses to remember it by! If you've read my post on my MITS haul you might recognize them.

'RRS Walkin On Sunshine' is a Willy Remember Me resin sculpted and painted by Lisa Sents. She was also customized to a mare. I really love this mare and hopefully I can bribe Maddy or Becky to make me some tack for her...



My photos don't do her justice at all, she's amazing! I love her dapples and I think she has just enough chrome to stand out. :)


The other horse I bought at MITS was RRS Shere Khan, a bay tobiano Braveheart resin painted and sculpted by Sheryl Leisure. I really like drafts so he is a very welcome addition to my collection. For his price I couldn't resist!




My only unpainted resin right now is a Walter resin. I got him in a trade with Becky in exchange for some paintwork. Becky got him in very poor shape (thick acrylics and pretty much a body) and I have done a bit of prepping on him, but not much. I named him Corky but will have to come up with a show name for him once he's painted. I like the build of this resin quite a bit. He's an appendix QH and I think he's the perfect balance of a build. :)



I'm thinking either Chocolate Palomino or flaxen chestnut.


Thanks for reading! Sorry for the shorter posts from me recently, been super busy with Breyerfest prep. As of the time of this posting I leave in 16 days and have so, so much to do. The next post from me will probably be info on what I'll be selling at the Clarion, so look out for that!

-Emma



No comments:

Post a Comment