Friday, July 1, 2016

Breyerfest 101: The Clarion

Hey again! Today we are back with yet another Breyerfest 101 post, this time about the Clarion hotel! I got a call last week that we got a room, so Maddy and I will be selling some stuff out of it! I've been on the wait list since August, so we are really happy to be staying there.

In honor of this I thought I'd do a quick post about the Clarion. :)

First of all, the clarion can be referred to by a few names. In the very beginning, the Clarion hotel was called the Holiday Inn. Then it was bought by the Clarion hotel chain, and of course they renamed it. But us hobbyists are lazy, so it was deemed the CHIN.

Several things go on at the CHIN, but the Room Sales are the biggest by far.

(a quick not before we start: none of these photos are mine as I'm terrible at taking photos at events. I have tried to contact the owners and have received no response. If one of these is yours and you want me to the it down, just let me know! I am making no money off of this post or this blog.)

The room sales are when people open up the doors to their room and set up tables, shelves or even just lay sales items the beds or chairs.


Photo property of Golden Oak Stables.
You can find many, many things in the room sales including rare OFs, regular runs, body boxes, customs and so much more!

Photo property of 101IHeartMoondancer on Youtube.
Some people even bring airbrushes and customizing supplies and will repair models on the spot!

The next big thing that happens is the Swap Meet. This is an official Breyer event that happens Friday evening at 7:30. However, if  you want to get in early, you need to line up early! I plan to be in line by 6:00.

In the Swap Meet you can also find pretty much anything! Breyer also sets up a table that has all the Breyerfest models on it so you can see them, as well as sneak peaks at collector's club models! 

Last is the Artisans Gallery. This is where customizers, tack makers, and sculptures set up tables to sell what the make. This part of the Clarion is generally much more expensive, but it's great to look at even if you can't but things!

And that's in for the CHIN! Breyerfest is so, so close! I leave in like 18 days! Would anyone like to see specific topics? Comment below!

-Emma

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I have one question. For Breyerfest, if you stay at the Clarion, do you have to sell stuff? Or are you allowed to stay and not sell items and just enjoy the other room sales? I hope my question makes sense and it’s probably stupid but I’m new to Breyerfest.

    ReplyDelete