Tuesday, November 29, 2016

New Toys







Okay, well not exactly what most would consider a toy, but it is for me.




Yep, I made a stablemate western saddle set, and got a new custom stablemate!
Meet, "Bad Girls Aint No Good", a custom reining horse to a dappled grey mare, with new mane, tail and head.




She was customized and painted by the ever talented Shana Bobbit, I am always thrilled with the details Shana puts in her work!


And for the saddle, I wasn't even planning on making anything for myself for a while, but one evening I just sat down and it all started to flow, I must say it's my favorite mini saddle I've ever made!
I also recently customized and painted this paint mare, she was intended as a sale piece but I fell in love, whoops.


 I tried a lot of new things with this set, a tiny string cinch, made an actual saddle tree, painted details on the breast collar/headstall, and a different style on the seat jockeys and seat.
Also wanted to make it easier to take on and off, so I made the breast collar adjustable, but the D rings slid out with the breast collar, so all you have to do is sticky wax them down instead of adjusting teeny buckles every time you put it on a new horse.
The bridle goes on in the same fashion, it is split behind the ears and sticky waxes down.


Better view of the breast collar, it was a challenge but I love it!




I'm pleased to say that after taking a break I'm really getting back into mini tack making, and I have a lot of new ideas!




Now, back to the work bench to make another tiny creation...


-Maddy

1 comment:

  1. HELLO GOOD AFTERNOON AS THESE A QUESTION DO NOT SELL THE HORSE OF REINNING GREETINGS FROM MEXICO

    ReplyDelete