Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Fresh start

Hard to believe its already over a week into 2017! I have been torn trying to decide what kind of blog post to write, 2016 in Review, 2016 in saddles or New Years Resolutions, but I've decided to show you guys a saddle set I just finished, and talk a little bit about last year and my hopes for this new year.


I'm honestly so proud of how this set turned out! I had made part of the saddle a few months ago and it has been sitting in a draw until last week, when I decided it was time to finally finish it.


So many things about this set were new to me, figure 8 noseband, five point breast collar, panels on the saddle, and plenty of more tiny little things.


I must say the nose band was extremely hard to figure out, but it actually came out perfectly!



Overall this past year has been the greatest of my life, but it was quite hectic jumping between real and model horses, this coming year I really want to focus on finding a balance between the two so I can create, sell things and make money, but also have plenty of time to work with my horses.

I also want to focus a lot of time in improving my tack and customs, usually I kind of rush thru projects before I get bored, and sometimes I end up leaving out details.
So I'm going to be taking my time and really trying to add details to make my work even more realistic.
Really looking forward to what this new year has to hold!!
~Maddy


1 comment:

  1. I had to go look up this mold in ID Your Breyer, I couldn't believe it was a Stablemate! but it was! Congratulations on some of the most detailed SM tack I've seen - ! And good luck in the blogging & balancing decisions. I am struggling with those myself.

    ReplyDelete