Thursday, June 2, 2016

Show Shopping

MITS 2016 was quite possibly my favorite show ever, I was able to hang out with old friends and make some fabulous new ones! One of my favorite things about live shows is the unique opportunity to buy new models in person instead of the 'order them and cross your fingers' method. 



Meet 'Counting On A Miracle' or at least that's his name until I find a better one... I bought Mir on Saturday. He is the 1996 "Mindspring" Morgan Stallion resin by Laura Behning and a run of 10 resins were cast. He is painted by Laura Behning. 



This is 'Jumping Jackie Flash' a SM drastic custom on the Jumper mold. I am not entirely sure who painted her but I love the dapple style and she managed to place in her first show with me!



At the end of the show on Sunday I snatched up this -vintage- Lazy H Custom Tack bridle which goes perfectly with my black jumper set!


Maddy gave me this AMAZING saddle stand, it is so perfectly in scale including the tiny nail heads! I can't wait to finish my mini tack room and add this!


MITS also marked the end of my excited wait to see the portrait of Hawk painted by Home Stretch Studios. Hawk is a portrait of a therapy horse I work with who retired last year. He is gorgeous in person and in photos and managed to NAN his first time in the ring! 



I also received a SM custom of Lacey, who is also a therapy horse I work with. Both Lacey and Hawk were payment for a tack set.



I also traded some scale caution cones for some amazing Home Stretch Studios rope goods and an polka dot halter for a rope one. 





This vintage CM CWP was a gift from my friend Grace, go check her out @enchantedbreyers!



This Drastic CM drafter was painted by Morgan McCoy and is absolutely gorgeous! He was owned by Maddy for a few years and shown but never brought in any ribbons... until I got my putters on him. He was for sale and I inquired but Mad decided to gift him to me... well guess what...



Yeah. He NANed. 




Good boy Freddy.



This is Royal Renegade, I have yet to show him but he is beautiful in person and has a rich bay color. He is a CM Hagen Renaker on the Arabian mold.


Hang in there guys we're almost done! This is Royal Magnolia a CM SM on the Morgan Mare mold. She is painted to a sooty buckskin and has BEAUTIFUL shading! She didn't make it into the ring at MITS because I purchased her with a small damage but she is now good as new and ready to show! 


I hope everyone enjoyed the haul! 
-Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment