Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Hits and Misses

I was inspired by Jennifer Buxton's post called 'Hits and Hits' from her most recent performance show, so I decided to do my own! Basically the idea is to talk about your performance entries and think about what you can improve and what was good! :) 

       My first entry was for harness. I had the only harness entry which gave me the placing by default, but the judge really liked it. In the future I'd like to get a cart to go with it though!


The next class I competed in was Parade. This entry was kinda thrown together but once again,  I was the only entry in the class!  I want to get a proper parade saddle and make my rider look a bit more festive, but overall is was OK.


After that I did Other Performance. I'm gonna call this one a miss. It's a Walking Dead setup which is good, but I didn't execute it well. I was a little stressed because I was having some tack issues and I couldn't get the doll to stand. I ended up with a fourth out of fifth. Calling this one a miss.


Onto english! Other English was first, and I did Cross Country. I'm really happy with this entry. I made all the doll's clothes and the diorama. This entry has been evolving since my first performance show. When I first showed it, there wasn't a doll, diorama, boots, or breastplate. It wasn't great. For this class I got a third out of ten, so I'm calling it a hit!


Hunters/Jumpers was another interesting class. Because my jump cups went missing I had to do a puddle jumpers entry. I dressed the doll and made the jump. I ended up with yet another third. Looking at the photos now I realized I forgot to take off the SMB boots from Other English. -_- This one isn't a hit or a miss for me, I think it is just average. 


I'm not very knowledgeable on Dressage (though I'd love to do it!) so this was kinda hard! Since I don't have a dressage saddle I opted to do Eventing Derby dressage, which allows my rider to be a bit more casual and all purpose tack to be used. I got second out of 7. I'm gonna call this one a hit, I really like how it turned out! 


My plan was to enter the next class, English Pleasure, but I ended up pulling my horse because I couldn't find my pattern or my poles. Another reason to stay organized!

The last english class was Pleasure. I didn't get a photo of this because it was really nothing special. I ended up with a 5th against some really nice horses, so I think it was average!

Instead of my average pleasure entry, enjoy a photo of Maddy's amazing pleasure entry. ;)


The first class of the Western division was Other Western! I didn't place in this or Western Pleasure (or get photos... -_-) so I won't show them. They were both pretty much misses. I got a fourth in Western Games but being the slacker I am, didn't get a photo.

My favorite entry of the day was my Stockwork entry! It started out as a joke with Maddy and Becky about me not having any cows or stock work animals, so I decided to do something different. 

This is my herding cats entry! It was by far my best entry of the day and the most rewarding win. :) This one is totally a hit for me!


And that's it! Overall I think I did really well, and I can't wait for my next performance show!

-Emma



2 comments:

  1. AWWWWW, I had the idea to do a scene, herding cats.
    It is a great idea, huh? Since we aren't in the same region, can I still do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I don't own the idea by any means. I'll be doing the setup at ATPP next month, may the best cat herder win! ;) :P

      Delete