Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Small Haul/SM Valegro Review

Hello again! Sorry for the long pause between posts. :P We've been busy with real horse shows and preparing for a model one! Anyway, yesterday I want to our local Flagship Breyer dealer to get a few things...


First is Valegro, or as I've named him 'RRS Grace Under Fire.' I love the mold. It looks - and feels more like a resin then a Breyer! He'd look fantastic in a dressage set.

Now onto the things I DON'T like about him.


The quality control is well... Less than fantastic. You can see on his off side he has a rub on his hip and about 20 pinholes. His shading is good, but I'd like him more if he was better. Hopefully mine is just a fluke and others are great! 


His blaze is pretty crisp, but the pinking  'spills over' onto his nostrils, causing some discoloration.


Just like the real horse, he is a gelding. :) His Breyer stamp is on his belly (like most stablemates), and he has the belly spot the actual Valegro has.


Size comparison. This is a really bad photo, so you can't really see, but he's much smaller than Dungaree. The pony is about the same size as him. The scale is smaller then stablemate, but not much.

I like him but will probably try to find a LSQ one. His show side isn't that bad, so I will. This new mold is lovely, and personally I think his conformation is much better then other Breyer SM warmbloods. I really hope they use him for the Breyerfest Ticket Stablemates, and I can't wait to see what people do to customize him!

The next thing I got was...


Great job, camera...


There we go. :) I got the pink Mini Whinny surprise! :D It took me a while to feel all the bags, but all I had to do was find one that had two large pieces, because the stand is separate from the horse.


I'm normally not one for pink, but this guy (girl? he? she? it?) is so cute! I've decided to name him 'RRS Neapolitan.'


The last thing I got was a stablemate single for Becky. I've already primed her, though. She'll be painted to look like the horse she rides. 

Well, that's it! Thank you for sticking with us! We also just hit 1500 views! Awesome! :D 

-Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment