Friday, January 8, 2016

Operation "Save the Seat"

Hi everyone, Becky here! I had quite an amazing new year with my family which included buying my dream saddle. :)


This is my Barnsby Puissance. One of the huge perks of the purchase was the fact that the saddle was unused for a very long time, but in it's day it had been well cared for so it was relatively easy to revive. 


I love cleaning saddles, so this was a "labor of love." I have a strange taste for the plain flap close contact saddles, especially the forward flap for my crazy long legs. I love that I finally found a saddle with a "square" cantle, since this particular model was made with both. 


Here are some before pictures! (Spider and all!)





A good scrubbing, soaping (Don't forget all the little crevices with a toothbrush!), and a LOAD of oiling and it is looking amazing. All those scuffs? Gone! I was amazingly lucky to find such a deal!

I think an exact model replica is in order! ...in fact... maybe a replica of all of my tack...

No comments:

Post a Comment