Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Breyer Models 2016 Opinions: Classics and Stablemates

Note from Emma - This was supposed to be posted two Saturdays ago. I'm so sorry it didn't get posted, it's been done! :(

Hello everyone! It's all of us here now! :P As some of you may know, most of the photos of the early 2016 Breyer models have been leaked. If you haven't seen them, here they are! We'll show the photos and then have our opinions with them. Since there are so many models, today we'll only be doing Classics and Stablemates.

CLASSICS

Classic American Pharaoh and Blanket

Emma: Meh. He just doesn't do it for me but I do admit he's cute. I'm not a classic collector at all, though. I don't mind Breyer milking the AP cash cow, though! ;)
Maddy: I agree with Emma, I'm not much of a Classic fan but this mold is super cute and from what I can tell Breyer did a pretty good job on shading, wouldn't mind having this one!
Becky: I really think his color suits the mold well and I like the added detail of the blanket, though it is oversized. I don't normally fall for non CM classics but this guy might be on my list!

Classic Jockey Set

Emma: Again, I'm not a classic collector, and this mold is one I HATE. The saddle blanket is way too big and the Breyer tack isn't very realistic. The rider is traditional and looks giantly out of scale. Not buying this one.
Maddy: YES. Hate this mold.... it just seems unnatural to me, and not sure what is going on with that tack too.... hahaha
Becky: Uhg, this could've been great...  but then there is this HUGE rider, an incorrect bridle, a general purpose saddle, and this crazy pad. I like the coloring of the horse but this mold just doesn't suit the set, it is definitely not a typical TB.

Breyer 2016 Classic Horse Of The Year: Harper

Emma: Now this one tempts me! The coloring is really nice and the mold is overall pretty good. The gait is a bit funny, but I might buy this one.
Maddy: I actually really like this one, super cute and nice pattern! Would look adorable in a western saddle, I think I'll end up getting this guy.
Becky: I like him alot! He reminds he of the Bluegrass Bandit mold crossed with Latigo... I really love his coloring and I am impressed with his shading.

Rock And Roll Forever

Emma: Not for me at all. I'm picky with decos in the first place.
Maddy: I pretty much agree with Emma, not my style, not a big deco fan.
Becky: I am not entirely a fan of this boy... I don't collect decorators because I almost only show performance. I would have been tempted if this model really had some actual rock and roll flare... but he looks  Hannah Montana 12 year oldish.

Onto Stablemates!

STABLEMATES

Valegro Mini


Emma: AWESOME new mold! I love it, great for a dressage class! And at only $5.99 he's a no brainer... Coming home with me!
Maddy: This is the first time I've seen this guy, if that's a stablemate then oh yeah! Give me 10 please!!! ;) (said like a true painter)
Becky: I really like the idea behind him... but (this might be just me) something looks off about where his neck joins his body, and his hind end and also the base of his tail. This may not be so apparent in real life, I have faith in you Breyer!

And that's it! Soon we'll do Traditionals! :D

-Emma, Maddy, And Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment