Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Seven Deadly Sins Of A Model Horse Collector

Hey everyone! :) Emma here! This is a fun little tag I saw someone doing on YouTube. At first I thought it would be silly, but in all honesty it was really fun. So let's go!


1. GREED: What is your least expensive model? What is your most expensive model?


My least expensive model would be the Chinese Dragon horse. I bought ten dollars of raffle tickets and won FIVE NIB horses including this guy, so really I only paid $2.00 each! 


I really don't pay that much for models (I mostly trade) so I'm going to go off of value. My PTC glossy appaloosa wins by far. One sold for over $800, and I could probably sell mine with all his NAN cards for about $600. He's one of my favorites though, so that probably won't happen! :)

2. WRATH: What model do you have a love/hate relationship with?


The model I have a love/hate relationship with would be this guy. He was another raffle win. His shading, hooves, and shoes are amazing but his eyes and mane urk me. He has too much tail and too little forelock!

3. GLUTTONY: What’s your favorite model?


I *hate* this question, but it would probably have to be my Bats In The Belfry. When I started collecting seriously he was one I absolutely needed, as bats are my favorite animal. He's won Halloween classes and he's the model I use to display my tack when I sell at shows!

4. SLOTH: What do you hate about your model horses?


This is a tough question. Like a lot of people I sometimes go through phases where I'm not as into it and just read forums and such, but most of the time I'm just like 'make all the tack and paint all the horses!'

(random photo of my cm micro mini because I can)

5. PRIDE: What model are you the most proud of?


Hmmm... The horse I'm most proud of. That would probably be this guy!, RRS Rein Or Shine! I got him in the newer mystery foal set and the judges love him! He's got a NAN card from every show I've been to with him, two division champs, and most recently an overall reserve champ!

6. LUST: What do you look for in a new model horse?

There are a couple things I look for. The first thing I obviously look for is if I like the color and mold. Next I look at if I can afford it. If it's performance friendly, it's just icing on the cake!

(another random photo)

7. ENVY: What is your grail?


My holy grail is the glossy appaloosa Stoneleigh Surprise. If you haven't guessed, my favorite horse color is leopard appaloosa! I've only seen one of these guys up for sale and when it was, it was over $600. A girl can dream!

Well, that's all the questions! As this is a tag, I should probably tag some people... 

I'm going to tag Desktop Stables and Braymere Custom Saddlery, my two favorite blogs! Hope you can do it!

-Emma

1 comment: