Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Riders

Hello again! Sorry for the hiatus! Unfortunently our of our lives outside the model horse and real horse world have been super busy! If only all of time could go to riding and making tack. One day!

Anyway, I hardly ever use riders when I show performance.  Mostly because they'd look more like Justin Bieber trying to ride...




And less like this.
Photo by Maddy Hinman of Lazy H Custom Tack
They aren't that great with horses, either... 


It would be easier to use them if I had custom dolls instead of straight out of the box Breyer dolls. I'd love one from Anne Field but I'm saving up for BreyerFest. Maybe I'll find one for a nice price there!

After reading Jennifer of Braymere Custom Saddlery's series on equitation I wanted to try and position my dolls a bit better.

Here's the before photo. I took this one about 6 months ago maybe? 


As you can see her equitation is terrible. She has no contact, she's slouching forward, and her heels are up.


And after. I think it looks much better, even with the little changes. I'm thinking of trying to make her some custom boots so she can put her heels down, though!

Maybe at the next show I'll try using some dolls! :)

Thanks for reading!

-Emma



No comments:

Post a Comment